This weekend, September 28th & 29th, experience the celebration and re-creation of a 16th century European village, at the Washington County Fair Complex. Bringing together some of the most talented artisans and non-stop amazing stage entertainment; this is an event not to be missed!
NEW! COSTUME CONTEST TO BE HELD this weekend ~ Enter her Majesty’s Costume Contest and win prizes. Free to enter. Hosted by Gabby GaaGaa, promoter to the Queen will be in search of the best costumes in the village! To participate, sign up at the Information Booth (located inside the front gate) by 3:50pm. Costume Contest for Adults ages 16 & up, and Children ages 15 & under, scheduled for 4pm, at the Royal Pavilion. Those who don’t have costume can choose to stop by the BELROSE COSTUME SHOPPE, located inside the front gate of the Festival and rent a costume for the day!
Enjoy more FREE WINE TASTING* this weekend ~ to be held at the Good Knights Inn located near the Joust Tournament Field. Taste and learn about the variety of wines served in the shire. Limited time from 2pm-4pm, while supplies last, valid photo ID required*.
DELIGHT IN A UNIQUE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE in a 16th century village and Artisan Marketplace. Find one of a kind hand made jewelry, woodworking, hand-woven clothing, leatherwork, and much more! See historical demonstrations by our Village Blacksmith. Immerse yourself in the arts with hair braiding; face painting and henna there are many ways to experience the day.
Continued laughter is in the air with the comedic talents of The Washing Well Wenches ~ Join these wet, dirty women for some good, clean fun, as they fill your day with love, laughter & laundry. This wacky duo will win your hearts and keep you rolling in your seats. Bring a man, a beer, and bring your britches. Performing at the Peasant Stage at 12pm, 2pm & 4pm.
BIG CATS in the shire, see THE GREAT CATS SHOW ~ Thrill to the Exciting, Educational, Exotic and Enthralling – The Big Cats (and some small ones too), will thrill audiences with their power and majesty! The Great Cats World Park/Center for Endangered Cats is Proud to present their “Ambassadors to the Wild” in an Exciting and Educational show featuring the dynamic Athletic Abilities of these Amazing Felines, as well awareness for these Rare and Endangered Species. Expect to see species such as the Black Panther; the Amur Leopard, the Caracal and the Lynx up close and personal! These cats are not trained animal actors, but have a creative bond with their human partners to bring you an experience of wonder and excitement you will never forget! Performing on the Kingdom Stage at 11am, 1pm, 3pm & 5pm.
MORE laughter with DANNY LORD ~ If you are buying laughs by the pound, Danny Lord, has a bushel to give away. He encapsulates the antics of all the greats. His silent comedy has entertained for oh so many years and his classic cups and balls has them standing and screaming. Take a chance, see the show, it could very well be the thrill of a lifetime, or the end of a great shopping experience! Huzzah! Performing at the Imaginarium Stage at 12pm, 2pm & 4:30pm.
NEW! Experience the sounds of The New Minstrel Revue ~ The New Minstrel Revue are Jerry Barry and J. Bradley Collier and violinist/vocalist Thomas Nuendel. New Minstrel Revue is a combination of original and traditional folk music with an emphasis on a high level of musicianship. They are just as comfortable performing original comedy and drinking songs, as they are traditional ballads and complex high-energy instrumentals. See schedule of the day for performance locations.
NEW! Sherwood Renaissance Singers ~ They sing three, four and five part Renaissance madrigals, chansons, and rounds, in English, French, German and Italian, including a repertoire of love songs.
A CELEBRATION OF MERRIMENT!
- Spend a day with family and friends in the year 1572, strolling the newly founded shire of Somerset, where revelry, history and fantasy come together to play.
- A celebration of improv theatre surrounds with a colorful cast of characters eager to entertain. Involve thy self in the spirit of the day, by dressing as a Lord or Lady at the Costume Rental. Hear the timeless music of strolling musicians, including fiddler, Bronnie Griffin; the sweet sounds of the Sherwood Renaissance Singers. Meet the original Green Man; roaming storyteller Jeremiah Wiggins; the extraordinary Raven; swashbuckling sword fighters, jugglers, dancing peasants, The Fairy Queen, her fluttering fairies, and more!
- Marvel at the pageantry of a day in the life of Queen Elizabeth and her Royal Court. Step back in time for surprising entertaining events fit for royalty and commoners alike. Thrill to see knights in shining armor during live Jousting Tournaments three times a day. Witness the sport of Kings, the ancient art of Falconry.
- Experience amazing stage entertainment that includes, the sharp wit of sword swallower, Thom Sellectomy, the levitating magic of Magical Mystical Michael, the hilarious silent comedy of Danny Lord, the almost clean comedy of the Washing Well Wenches, the talents of the beautiful belly dancing Henna & Musica Arabia, and the wonder of the Master Hypnotist, Franko, and not to be missed, The Great Cats Show.
- Feast on Renaissance inspired food and drink by some of the best food purveyors in the land. Enjoy the likes of Smoked Turkey Legs, Steak on a Stake, Sausage-Pepperoni Calzone, Fish & Chips, The Queen’s Fruit Sorbet, English Toffee, Cheesecake on a Stick to mention a few. Quench the thirst with cool drinks, including handcrafted local beers, delicious meads, wines and more.
- Delight in a truly unique shopping experience in the Artisan Marketplace where you will find hand made jewelry, woodworking, hand-woven clothing, leatherwork, and much more. Blacksmith demonstrations throughout the day. Immerse yourself in the arts with hair braiding, face painting or henna, there are many ways to experience the day.
- Entertaining games, and unique hand-powered rides, The Wonder Wheel, are sure to keep you wondering how time flies so fast in the past. Visit and experience it yourself, the many surprises that await you!
JOIN THE MERRIMENT FOR THE FINAL WEEKEND HUZZAH!!
Improv theatre surrounds as the village streets bustle with characters to greet. Marvel at the pageantry of a day in the life of the Queen and her royal court. History comes alive along with the imagination! Thrill to see knights in shining armor in live Jousting Tournaments. Experience live falconry demonstrations. Feast on Renaissance inspired food and drink by some of the best food purveyors in the land. Enjoy a unique shopping experience. Find hand made jewelry, woodworking, leatherwork, clothing and much more. Entertaining games, and unique hand- powered rides are sure to keep you wondering how time flies so fast in the past.